Garlic Linguini

This is a quick pasta dish and heaven for garlic lovers! Excellent served with a salad tossed with balsamic or red wine vinaigrette, and crusty bread smothered with unsalted butter. This dish tastes great reheated the next day if you have leftovers too ;-)

• 1 lb. linguini
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp. minced garlic, or more to taste
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan or asiago cheese, grated
  • Extra grated Parmesan or asiago cheese for garnish, if desired

Directions:

Bring a pot of water to a boil, add linguini and cook al dente according to package directions.

While pasta is cooking heat a small skillet or saucepan over low heat, add olive oil and garlic, saute until garlic is fragrant and remove from heat.

Drain pasta, return to pasta pot, immediately pour olive oil and garlic over the pasta, stir to coat, stir in the cheese and serve.

By Ann from Richland, WA

Fresh chopped parsley on top of this, adds to the flavor.

My Mom would make this dish for my family (especially at Lent) since Friday's was meatless. I still make this dish, not only on Fridays, but it's good for you and your budget.

I also like to put pieces of chopped chicken breast in it, so good.

Yes it is a very delicious recipe. For the beginner that has never made this recipe, it needs to be noted, that, if you don't use anchovies when heating the olive oil and garlic, you will need to add salt to taste.

Otherwise it will be bland.

Anonymous

Wasshrunk, I love your advice of adding some fresh parsley!

Bettyco123, I've never heard of using anchovies to add a salty flavor when making garlic pasta and might give it a try sometime. However, especially with this recipe, the parmesan is already very salty and asiago is salty with a nutty flavor. Anchovies would be way too much salty flavor and would greatly diminish the flavor of this recipe :-o

Hmm... Let's see... garlic, olive oil, Parmesan... what could be bad? Possibly only not having Lila to eat it with.

Hey Deeli, I will make this fab sounding dish Friday night for mom.

I keep trying to gave a thumbs up but it wont let me. : ( But I'll tell you Deeli Thumbs up!