Hanging Pictures On Drywall

What is the easiest way to hang and center a 8x10 inch picture on a dry wall? I am trying to hang a picture but the nail keeps sliding out.

Onesummer

Buy one of those picture hanging kits with the nail that fits into a hook, they come in a variety of sizes. They hold the nail at an angle, redistributing the weight to the wall. This will hold even a heavy picture, if you use the right size for the weight.

Jess

First it depends on how heavy the picture is. I really like the Hercule's Hooks but I understand that they don't hold any heavier than 50 lbs. max. If you want something smaller they make really good picture hooks that the nails are small and go into the hook part at an angle. Last but not least, I have been known to use the plastic anchors with screws. Those hold up real well.

I just love the Hercules Hooks! I used two to hang a very large picture on my drywall living room wall and they did a really good job. Just make sure you don't hit a stud as they won't go through wood. God bless you!

You could use Command strips from 3M Co. They are sold at Wal Mart, Home Depot and Lowes. They are very thin and hold various amounts of weight as stated on the package. They are thin strips of Velco with adhesive on the opposite sides.So you adhere one strip to the picture and the other to the wall then position the picture and the velcro holds the picture in place.You can reposition the picture and if you want to relocate the picture the adhesive strips come off the wall with no damage to the wall.I use them on all my pictures.

I have even used push pins for lighter pictures!

I am with the others, Hercules Hooks are great for it all, I have used them to hand HEAVY beveled edged mirrors with absolutely NO problem. Good luck!