Keeping Track Of Your Vitamin Supplies

By purchasing vitamins and minerals on sale and clearance, I soon ended up with a bag full that I had to empty out each time when searching for a desired item. This got old pretty quickly. Sometimes I'd guess what I needed and would end up with too many extras when I'd spot a sale.

To keep from having to search through the bag, I made a list on my computer on a spreadsheet and now I can see at a glance which categories are overstocked and which need replenishing.

This happened because Kroger grocery store had a wonderful final clearance on Sundown products a long time ago and Vitamin World has one weekend a month when they run great sales on their goods and that's when I purchase the more expensive supplements.

By Holly

I took old medicine bottles and put a number 1- 31 on the top of the cap with a sharpie pen. Each number represents the calendar dates. I put the vitamins for each day in the appropriate bottles, (ex: I have to take a Vit D every Monday so that one pill makes the vitamin bottles different).

I store then in a small oblong basket and remove only the pill bottle relating to the calendar date. This way when I fill them on the last day of the month, I will know what vitamins I will have to buy before months end to get me through the next month. Plus it saves time opening every bottle every day.