CatsPets

Spay and Neuter Help

Category Cats

2 years ago, I did what I thought was a good deed, I took in a stray female cat. she in turn brought me home 1 litter of kittens a year later. I kept 2 of those kittens, those 2 have since had litters, I can't stand the thought of taking them all to the pound, but I can't afford to get them fixed at $60 a pop at the humane society.

Any advice would be appreciated. The only thing I can think of now would be to give them all away and I truly have come to love them, especially the originally Mama kitty who I know wouldn't find a home and would be put down.

Thanks,
Bonnie

if you take the kittens to give to the spca they will do the spaying tto no cost to you. it is the person who does the adopting that would pay for the spaying. just think of all the cats that wont struggle for life once you have her spayed.
go to the spca and ask if you could volunteer in exchange for services.

hi, sandy, i too have many cats which i love dearly and are part of our home and family. you can contact an organization called life force if you have one in your area and they will send you a form for each of the cats you have to get spayed or neutered and the cost is less than half of what you would normally pay plus they will send you addresses of the vets in your area that take the life force reduced cost forms for the procedure. i spend about twenty dollars each for my males to get neutered which is a very inexpensive way to help save costs for this! please check in your area for the life force organization. call around to some vets offices and also the humane organization to see if you have other types of services that may help in the costs to get your cats all taken care of, that way, you can keep your family healthy and happy. good luck! and God Bless you for loving those fine felines!

Our town, like many others, has a CatSnip program. They give you a certificate, and with it it costs $5 for girls and $10 for boys to be spayed/neutered at the clinic at the SPCA.

Look online, ask around, maybe put a notice in Craigslist or any other list that operates in your area. If nothing else, ask local cat shelters if they have any funds to help you with this. It would be a very sad shame to give up the cats you love because you can't afford spaying.

Good luck.

Bonnie, you must find a way to have the kitties spayed/neutered, they can become 'parents' as early as 4 months of age. The cycle will continue on you forever unless you take care of this situation. The spay/neuter & shot fees are all part of responsible pet ownership, as much as food & water. With these services your cats will be so much happier & healthier. Would you like to have 4-5 babies every year forever? Please, find a way, there's a lot of good advice on this page. Call pet stores for info & local animal rescues in your area for help. It's much more expensive (not just $) in the long run to allow the cats to continue breeding. Best wishes, Bonnie. We wish you & the kitties well.

Bonnie-The Humane Society in our town spayed and neutered our litter of kittens for $10 (and spayed the Mama too). This was a Godsend for us. You can make a donation for more if you want, which is only fair. Call your local Humane Society and ask what they charge. I assumed that mine was going to charge $60, the fee they charge to adopt a pet. They offer this service to prevent more unwanted strays. They also gave them their shots and a flea treatment at no charge. Hugs-Lori

Check with your local Animal Shelter about the low cost spay/neuter programs for low income families. You usually can have it done at your own veterinarian, but you receive a voucher from the organization. Your shelter would know if there was such a program in your area.