Can you rescue the ivy?

A few weeks ago, I accidently applied the "Weed and Feed" fertilizer on the ground covering ivy. Now the ivy is dying. Is there any way to rescue the ivy? Please advise.

Thank you,

Gerard

By sicl (Guest Post)

Ivy is considered a noxious invasive weed. It spreads uncontrollably, destroying native plants in addition to destroying building brick, siding, foundations and roofs. Don't rescue it.

Go to your local nursery and pick out a new, non invasive ground cover. Better yet, ask for something native to your area. Be sure and share that you have used weed and feed.

I completely disagree with sicl, I think that ivy is a beautiful vine and if properly mended and cared for can be nondestructive.

As for saving your plant, Is there a section that has not yet been affected by the weed and feed? if so cut it off and re root it. as for the rest of the plant I don't think that it is rescuable.:-(