Home DecorCrafts

Decoupaging Fabric On Ceiling

I am trying to find out what kind of glue to use to attach fabric to a ceiling. I want to crumple it and I was thinking about decoupage like the person that was covering the walls with newspaper.

I don't want to buy that much decoupage glue. Wallpaper glue wouldn't be hard enough, I don't think. Any ideas?

By robin hinkle from Hiawatha, KS

I located info that suggest to use wallpaper glue, good luck.

I have seen on some of the decorating shows on HGTV, when they put fabric on walls, they use liquid starch. You could probably look on HGTV.com and find the directions. The advantage of this is when they want to change decor, they can pull it off without damaging the walls.

I have often used liquid starch to attach fabric to walls and ceilings. it works great and is completely removable with no damage to fabric or walls. You brush starch on the surface to be covered, smooth the fabric over, and brush more starch on top of fabric and smooth some more.

can use a roller if you like, and selvages can overlap each other and be trimmed with a box knife. To remove fabric, just peel it off and wipe down the wall.