White Pimple On Finger

I have this weird pimple like whitish bump on the pad of my left middle finger. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it is?

Mackenzie from Millington, TN

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Does it hurt when pressed on? Not being mean or kidding! If it is hard to the touch and hurts when pressed on it may be what is called a seed wart. Which you can freeze off at home with the freeze items at drug stores just follow directions. May have to repeat several times since seed warts seem harder to get rid of. If it hurts and is soft to touch, more pimple like, it may be an imbedded splinter which can be soaked in peroxide after puncturing the head. Then apply pressure to remove the object, soak again, apply neosporin and bandaid. Good Luck! :)

It is most likely from stress

By Jill Fleming (Guest Post)

I could be a fatty tumor. My son has them.

They are harmless and don't need to be removed unless it bothers you. Can you post a picture?

Anonymous

I actually just cut my nail with my razor. I just now got it to stop bleeding, and it has a bandaid on it sorry can't post a pic!
mackenzie

This is going to sound silly, but could it be possible that you got bit by a fire ant? That is what they look like when they fester.

Janet in NE GA

If it is on your finger next to your nail, it could be a paronychia. I often get them right at the nail bed in the skin. Soak it in warm water and peroxide. It will eventually pop.

Not sure if your comment helped the person who posted the original question but it certainly did help me! Thank you! This is exactly what I have and our pediatrician called it 'paranecium ' but I haven't been able to find any info on it!

He said that I should go to my doctor and have it lanced though. However, the warm water and peroxide sound like a much better resolution to me! Thank you again for your helpful comment!

By Sallie (Guest Post)

Sounds like it could be an infected splinter. I've pricked them with a needle dipped in alcohol, squeezed gently and removed 'em, then doused the area with alcohol.

By (Guest Post)

It could be a wart. I had one on my palm and it never went away and the dr. said it was a wart and he froze it off.

Was the pimple painless!??

Anonymous

It came off and left a little peeling skin.

-mackkenzi

By rick (Guest Post)

I just noticed one on my thumb. It hurts to the touch. I tried squeezing it, but nothing. It is a little white bump under the skin. I will try poking it with a needle tonight.

It really looks and feels like a pimple, but I guess it could be a minute splinter infection.

Don't take a needle to it I found one just like it on my thumb right by my nail on New Years eve it looked like it had a head so I thought something was in it took a needle to it and now it is horrible. It is purple and fills with blood if I bump it it hurts and bleeds it bled for a half hour last night trying neosporin if that doesn't help making an appointment for the doctor.

I have one but I don't think its from splinter because my house has very few wooden objects so I need help. Cant play my 360 because my finger keeps hurting.

I have one on my thumb too, I put blue star ointment on mine and it turned white like a pimple and I popped it & it went away.

Anonymous

I had one on the inside of my middle finger and i poked it open and a really hard seed was in it ....i dont know what causes them this is my second one on this finger and it did hurt to touch it but i dug it out anyway lol but its very hard

Did u find out what it actually is.. I have had the exact same thing