General AdviceConsumer Advice

Birdseed from Dollar General

Does anyone have an old or empty bag of birdseed from Dollar General? They have replaced a very good product with a birdseed that has a lot of "filler" and is of poor quality. I would like to have the phone number or address of the old birdseed, if possible. The bag tied at the top, was made in America and cost four dollars for eight pounds. Thanks.

By missysmom

Hi. Have you tried asking the manager of that store where they bought the seed? They should have records and, if the manager is smart, they might even be willing to start getting the good stuff again. Good Luck. I know it can be really hard to find bird seed that isn't mostly filler.

Terrific quality, less expensive in the long run. Fresher. Beautiful seed. Costco. Comes in a 40 pounder by Audobon. Attracts birds i have never seen before. Once you use it you will be telling everyone you know. 40 pounds $16. Less expensive as 40 pounds at dollar general would be $20. No card? Buy a cash certificate and you will be able to purchase.

I use to manage a DG in SanDestin Fl in the early 2000s and next to our greeting cards that bird seed was our second best selling SKU, but since the turners sold the company to a large corporation. A lot of things changed shoot we sold that seed for 1.50. I will try to remember the name and see if I can get it back to you.