HealthDogs

Raising a husky in a Hot Climate

I posted a question as to the breed of my dog. I have another problem with this dog, I live in the Philippines so as expected we have really hot weather here. My Husky seems to not like the weather here. She keeps opening her mouth and I guess she can hardly breath. What should I do? She even had nosebleed just recently.

By nessa from Philippines

Hi, again ( I answered your other question, too). Though it's hot where you live, it's very hot here in South Florida, too, and a neighbor has a couple of Huskies that are pretty healthy.

My best guess is that maybe you should have the vet take a look at her. If she doesn't spend all day outdoors in the sun, and gets plenty of water, you may have some other health problem going on there.

I just say make sure she has tons of fresh cold water and can go into shade. If she wants to maybe you could have lightly shaved.