AdviceCrafts

Tables Made from Old Windows

I saw a great project on here about making tables from old windows and I am trying to make 1 for my kids. I am doing a beach one for my daughter with shells, stones and different colored sands. I am at a stand still with how to glue the sand to the window panes. Will a spray glue work or do I need something stronger like contact cement? Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you in advanced!

Libby from Ontario

If you mixed the sand with white glue(the kind that dries clear) your could actually scupt the sand a little, make small dunes and ripples like you see sometimes at the waters edge from the action of the waves. Id try 2 parts sand to one of glue and see what u get. You can always add more glue, but you can't take it away if there is too much. :}

By denise w (Guest Post)

spray adhesive

The other thing you could do is build a shallow box the same measurements of your window with no top, put hinges on the window and attach to the box. then you can lay your shells and sand anyway you like and if it gets messed up you can just open the window and rearrange things. or if your daughter's tastes change you can empty it out and put other things in the box.

By mary (Guest Post)

check out the message board for trash to treasure on hgtv.com . Also http://www.robomargo.com/ she's done some great work and has a link for door and windows