PastaSalads

Veggie Pasta Salad

Cook 2 cups of tri-color rotini pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, gather any or all these veggies, just choose whatever you like and if you think of any that are not on this list, throw them in also.

Here is my list: chopped celery, shredded carrots, chopped red onion, chopped cucumbers,a few green onions (tops and all), bell peppers (all colors) sliced ripe olives. Then get into your freezer and add these frozen veggies right out of the package. No need to cook them, just thaw them and if necessary, cut them up into bite size pieces. I choose broccoli, cauliflower, and green peas.

Put all these veggies in a large bowl, drain your rotini and rinse it in cold water and drain again. Because the amount in your salad bowl will depend on your choice of veggies, I can only tell you the ratio of the salad dressing ingredients.

Then you decide how much dressing you need to make a nice moist and creamy salad. Mix two ingredients together: Fat Free Italian Salad Dressing, and (I use) Smart Balance Mayo, but you can use any brand Mayo or Salad dressing you like Miracle Whip would also make a creamy dressing, but I use Smart Balance due to a cholesterol problem.

By now you should have a huge bowl, but don't worry, this salad will keep in the fridge for a week to 10 days. At least, I believe it will, however mine usually is eaten up sooner, so can't be sure how long it will keep. *smile*

By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas

What are the ratios of mayo to dressing? I guess I missed it in the ingredient list.

Sorry, I guess I left that out. I use 1 cup mayo to half a bottle of Italian Dressing.
Harlean from Arkansas