Store Steel Wool Pads in Freezer

You know those not-so-wonderful steel wool pads that after a few days become rusted and yucky. Well after each use, add a little liquid soap (if you want to but not required), place it in a small freezer bag, and freeze it. When you take it out to use it, it will be like new and this will make them last for a lot longer. I get 5 to 6 uses out of them before I have to throw it away.

By pAM from Beaverdam, VA

I buy scotch brite "never rust" heavy duty soap pads by 3m. I want to say i picked them up in the dollar store. They last a long, long time. When the soap is gone i put a little dish detergent on the pad. Be very careful what you use them for as they can scratch. For my good pots i clean with baking soda on a sponge and use a little elbow grease. It never ceases to amaze me what uses i can find for the good old baking soda!

This is an awesome tip. Thank you!

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsFebruary 1, 2011
🌻
📓
🐛