AdviceDogs

Litter Trained Dog Started to Pee Everywhere

I have 2 Chihuahuas, a 7 year male and a 5 year old female, both have been litter box trained since they were puppies. Last summer the male got out of the house, and was gone for a week, I actually found him, and he seems fine.

My wife and I were going through a divorce, and I have moved. And now he is peeing everywhere. I don't know what to do about this. He gets praised when he does good. I know there is a lot gong on, but I am at the last of my nerves with him. He is a loving dog and seems to know what he has done wrong, because when he sees me cleaning it, he goes and hides. I just do not know what to do about this whole thing.

Help.

By Shawn from NJ

It sounds frustrating. I would guess the dog is just upset and confused by the moving etc. I would check to see if he has a bladder infection. There is a product to calm dogs called DAP. It might be worth a try, or you could "start over" with crate training. Good Luck.