Fruit Tree Bird Net Frame

contest winner icon

Hubby and I made this frame out of 2 inch plastic irrigation piping attached to metal 'star' pickets. This size pipe fits snuggly on to the ends of the pickets, sliding easily over.

This made attaching and removing the netting over our cherry tree much easier. Thanks to the net, we enjoyed a full harvest of sweet cherries this year.

If we don't net our cherry tree we don't get any fruit at all. The blackbirds eat every single one!

By Scarecrow from South Australia

That is an ingeious idea! Good for you.

My husband and I think your idea is excellent. No more picking netting out of the twigs and leaves!

How do you do this with a 30 foot tree?

maybe give the tree a trim first

Hi there. Could you inform me of how long each piece of tubing is?

I saw your post and went out and purchase 100; of the tubing :-) SAVE THE CHERRIES!

In looking at the netting you used, it looks like it is a black nylon netting. I purchased some of that years ago to put around my small trees to keep my dogs away from them until the trees got big enough not to die from being peed on. But, unfortunately, geckos and even small birds got trapped in it and died. I took it down and threw away what I had left. I could not stand seeing these animals trapped in that netting, not being able to free themselves, and dying. It was tragic.

The image must not be coming up correctly on your screen. You can see that it is green netting not black. Use the web page zoom to get a better view.

Home and Garden Pest Control BirdsFebruary 22, 2007
🐛
🌻
📓