Cleaning a Sport Coat Collar

My son needs to clean the collar of a corduroy sport coat. Any home cleaning ideas?

By cybergrannie from FL

A strong heavy soak of Awesome (Family Dollar or other degreaser) placed over the dampened collar should help lift most of the oily residue depending if it's been laundered previously and dried. Set in stains on clothing are not easy to remove after laundering.

Betty, Please don,t write this idea off before you try it.Use baby wipes. I use them all the time to get stains out. I had foundation on a coat collar, gently rubbed with a couple of wipes. hey presto as good as new. Even cleaned mud off a cream carpet. Hope you give this idea a try. Good luck. Jan UK

I should have stated this is a "dry clean" only sport coat. It is cotton but I have not tried any cleaner yet.

He only wore it one time but the neck does look "dirty" but not enough for a cleaning bill (until he puts it a way for the winter).
Thanks for your suggestion.

Just take a washcloth and rub it gently with the cord grain. Tell him to wash his neck well before wearing it. It is neck dirt/grease that has found a new home. If his hair is touching the collar, that is an issue too.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingFebruary 28, 2011
🌻
🍀
🐰