Linens and BlanketsCleaning

Fluffing Up Comforters

I'm not sure where I heard this, it might have even been on this site. Anyhow, it really works. When drying a comforter in the dryer, throw a few clean tennis balls in with it. It fluffed up the comforter and re-distributed all the filling evenly throughout! I was getting ready to throw it away, but it's like new again. Great tip!

By Sandy from Pittsburgh PA

By Billie (Guest Post)

I, too, read this tip somewhere and tried it. IT WORKS. Wherever it came from, I thank them for it.

By (Guest Post)

I have done this for years, and it works beautifully on down comforters, regular comforters, heavy winter coats, etc. Make sure, however, that you use a washer/dryer that accommodates your comforters easily. Queens and kings should only be done in commercial washers/dryers. Good luck!