General AdviceConsumer Advice

Using a Folding Bed Board with a Sofa Bed

Has anyone had success with a folding bed board for sofa beds?

By joan from NY

Anonymous

I've not heard of this before :-( Could you possibly explain in a little more detail of the problem you're having and/or post a picture of what you're asking about? I would be more than happy to do a little research for you if I don't have first hand experience :-)

My momma has a set of these for their hide-a-bed couch. They are white "boards" that are sort of tri-fold and go the length of the bed when it is folded out.

In my opinion they are good for one night's sleep but that is about it. At CHRISTmas time we had several family members visiting so my husband & I slept on the couch bed. The first night was pretty ok, but after the next night I could hardly get out of the bed. Granted, I have a pretty bad case of arthritis in my hips and low back, but even my husband (who drives a big rig & can sleep anywhere on anything!) said his back was achy after the 3rd night.

Just our opinions though...
God Bless,
Sheila in Decatur, IL