Recipes Using Quaker Oats Instant Breakfast

I am looking for recipes using Quaker Oats peaches and cream instant breakfast. Thank you!

Karen from Charleston, SC

Best Answer

When I'm making any type of muffin or breakfast cake from box or scratch ~ I add in 2 packets of the maple low sugar oatmeal packets. I like the little bit of oats added to my recipes, and helps use up the extras in the cupboard. I would think that a bran muffin mix would be tasty with the peaches n cream flavor. The only thing you may have to do extra will be adding in a tablespoon or two of water or the liquid in the recipe. I also add in to my muffins a scoop of fiber one cereal for extra fiber in addition to the oats. Turns regular items a little healthier in whole grains and fiber content. Enjoy!

Best Answer

I use them for fruit pie toppings instead of the regular recipe's ingredients. It's all crumbled and mixed, just cut up a few pieces of butter and dot the oatmeal once it's spread over the filling. Saves time and no need to pull out 6 or 7 items when you can just open a packet or two and plop on the butter (or margarine). They are good on apple, cherry, blueberry or a mixture of fruit.

If you like the canned filling and the store bought pie crusts, you've spent less than you would on a store bought pie and you put it together in less time than it took to go to the store. Mix and match the different flavored oatmeal to make your pie look and taste like you were in the kitchen baking all day. I have even used a few drops of flavored creamer poured over the topping.

Serve them warm with a little ice cream and you saved not only your time but a few bucks as well. Great if you need something quick! Sorry, but I don't have any photos, they don't last long enough around here to take one.

Anonymous

Go to:
http://www.quak … ecipes/index.cfm
Then go to 'Browse Recipes' and choose a category :-) There are definitely all kinds of oatmeal recipes there ;-)

I love Maple & Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal and put a few raisins in the water before boiling/heating the water to add some extra flavor :-)