Product FinderConsumer Advice

Inexpensive Silicone Oven Mitts

Has anyone found a site online or a store where you can buy silicone oven mitts for under $10 (including any s/h that might be involved)? Wal-Mart's on-line price is around $15 which seems too high for just one. Thanks!

Nica from Big Bend, WV

Oops - Sorry! It seems that you can buy FABRIC oven mitts for $5 that have a piece of silicone where your hand bends. But I need ALL SILICONE mitts. I have gas burners for the 1st time, some of my pots are rather small in diameter, & I've almost set my potholders on fire several times. Nica

I bought mine at a Big Lots store about a year ago. I believe they were $5 each.

Hi, here in the UK we have pound shops(I think same as your dollar stores)and they sell lots of silicone bake ware. They don't have mitts but they have silicone flat discs that you put in your hand and pick the pans up with. Would these be any good? Ruth

Jacks in NY has them for 2.99. look for a 99 cent store or biglots in your area.

I got mine at COSTCO. I don't have the price, but I know they must have been relatively cheap because I don't buy these type of things. Why not check Creaigslist or E-Bay? Now that you mention it, I will probably sell mine on Craigslist.

E-bay is good too, but sometimes the shipping is sky high! Also check the feedback on the sellers and use PAYPAL to purchase. It will save you lots of headaches!

Kmart in Eastern Pennsylvania has all-silicone oven mitts. Around $3.50 each. I found them to be somewhat uncomfortable. They make the hands sweat & that was just from trying them on.

I have oven silicon mitts and don't like them. The heat from high temps creeps through very fast to the fingers.

I would try Ebay. I have to say I don't care for the silicone mitts either. Too hard to get a grip on things. I really like the woven Ove Glove type. I got a pair on Ebay last year for about $7.00, including the shipping.