General AdviceConsumer Advice

Microfiber Fabric on Couch Looks Hairy

I have a black microfiber couch and it looks like I have little hairs all over it from the fibers coming out of the material. The place I bought the furniture from said it's not a manufacturer's defect, but that's the way it's made. So now I have what it looks like little hairs all over my new furniture. What can be done?

By tlguy1 from Belleville, MI

Maybe "shaving" the furniture would work. Use a battery powered lint shaver, a large one. I have a small one made by Singer, and it still works great after at least 10 years. You might have to do this again and again, because the fabric will continue to "shed".

I would try contacting the manufacturer directly instead of the retailer. That does not sound right. I have a microfiber couch and even with 4 cats a dog it is NOT hairy! The retailer probably doesn't want to be bothered unless you want to buy a new one.