WaterConservation

Do the New 1.3GPF Water Saving Toilets Really Work?

Does anyone know if the new water-saving toilets (1.3 gpf) actually work efficiently? I want to have them installed, but worry about whether they might need 1-3 flushes to eliminate all waste and therefore not actually save money. Anyone in frugal land already using them? I would love to hear from you.

By judy from Riverside, CA

Best Answer

Yes I have been using mine for a few years with no troubles. No double/triple flushing
Dawn

There was one in a hotel we stayed at on vacation and I hated it. Told my husband we would never have one in our house. It was too low and I didn't like the way it flushed. I thought it was broke but my husband said that is the way it does.

Yes, I have one that works great. When shopping for one, always make sure that the "exit" drain is as large as possible. Some are not big enough and ends up creating problems.