Simple LivingBetter Living

Use New Perfume Bottle for Other Liquids

I often find these brand new perfume spray containers that fit in your purse. They are new, so safe to use. The bottle unscrews and you can fill it with liquid that is not perfume. I do vinegar water for my glasses and this one is mouth wash. If you are wondering why the color is purple, it's a combination of cinnamon and mint to tone down the burn of both.

If you love to cook, you can keep garlic water in one, liquid flavoring for coffees (like almond, butter rum, etc.), or with a drop or two of dishwashing liquid for getting rings off your finger.

CAVEAT: You have to label these well. I put indelible markers on the top, or small stickers that adhere and then put tape or clear glue on them. Also, I smell the mister before I use it, just to make sure.

This has really been a nice convenience since I had to start taking a smaller purse. I find them at thrift shops, but you can buy them from the manufacturer, and on eBay, too.

I didn't know they came apart without a crimper till I bought one for .49 and thought of many other things I could put in it but perfume.

By Sandi from Salem, OR

Love this idea! I would like to carry one in my purse of mouthwash - much cheaper than the breath sprays you buy. I'll have to see if I can find some!

I also discovered today that I can do the same with muscle relief liquid and replace it with the Dollar Tree menthol bottle, that is about 6 times as much.

You can also do it with the Dollar Tree sprayer, altho' I don't know the ratio of water to sanitazer, (I don't have any right now), so you may have to experiment some. But considering the larger bottles you can get for a dollar, wow, the savings would be phenominal!!

PBP

I have to put just one shot per post on feedback, so here's the other one. PBP