Gift Ideas for a Blind Woman?

Do you have any ideas for types of gifts to give a blind person that has enough money to buy herself anything she could desire? She doesn't wear jewlery or go shopping, so gift cards are not worthwhile. Any suggestions?

Yilbit

By Lisa (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I think spending time with her would be the best gift, attend a concert, dinner, whatever she would enjoy for an afternoon or evening, be her escort! Fresh flowers are always welcome also!

Best Answer

As thriftyone says, audiobooks are a good choice. Also, how about some scented soaps or candles?

By Alison (Guest Post)
Best Answer

My mother has a watch that when you push the button a voice tells the time. Maybe all blind people have them I don't know. I know she can't live without hers and enjoys it very much.

Anonymous

I like that idea. My friend is always asking the time. Where would I look for one ?
Nancy

By Adrianna (Guest Post)
Best Answer

The American Foundation for the Blind has a gift guide you should check out at www.afb.org/seniorsite/holidayguide. Hope this helps!

I do not understand what i need to do here but I am just looking for a gift for my next door neighbour neighbor she is blind she is the best neighbor i cry as I write this no one could be any better since I got my new kitten she has brought a bucket of food,, toys twice, to much to name. August is her birthday i want to buy something special for one special lady.

By thriftyone (Guest Post)

How about audiobooks ?

A nice book on tape and a tape player. She can listen to the book over and over.

Lisa has the best idea of time spent with her. Most seniors will tell you time drags and they adore company.

See what kind of music she likes and get her some CDs or tickets to the orhcestra or Symphony

By Jo (Guest Post)

How about preparing a special treat or meal?

How about a book in braille?

By buzy mom (Guest Post)

Give her something she can appreciate with all of her other senses. Just because she has money to buy herself anything doesn't mean she doesn't appreciate gifts.

Cozy robe, wonderful perfume, delicious chocolate...doesn't have to be expensive. Remember, it's the thought that counts!!

My grandmother is blind. She always appreciates home baked goodies. I try to bake something for her atleast once a week. The audio book is a good idea but to make it more thrify you could read the book and tape the audio yourself. You could offer to write letters for her or clean her house (if she lives alone) The idea about being her escort is a good one. Give her a manicure or pedicure yourself. My granny always feels pampered when I do her nails. It makes her feel good even if she can't see them. Take her for a picnic and describe the beautiful scenery. There's a million things you can do for her. Think what you would enjoy.

By (Guest Post)

A soft chenille afghan/throw for her couch or bed would be nice. Those chenille ones are very nice to the touch.

http://www.teapotcottage.com

Does she like animals or have a guide dog? If she likes animals take her to the pound or an animal shelter just to touch the cats, dogs etc. It will be a different experience. Maybe it could be something you two do on a regular basis. Animals are our 7th sense sometimes - once they get to know us. It might be very beneficial and theraputic!

By Carol Churchill (Guest Post)

What about an outing to a place of her choice? Maybe she would like to shop somewhere, with assistance, or visit a place of sentimental value. If you are willing to take her and describe the scenery or assist with the shopping, it will be appreciated. I know, my mother is blind.

By Ashling (Guest Post)

Maybe a personalised song on CD - www.atuneforyou.com?

I'm totally blind myself and like scented body sprays. scented candles are very nice.

Maybe a purse or wallet where she can organize her money and other personal items. If traveling, a travel passport wallet.

Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceApril 27, 2005
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf248702.tip.html