CraftsPhotos

Make Repairs with Scraps of Fabric

What is it with most guys? They'll wear an article of clothing until it rots or rips to shreds before they buy something new to replace it. My army son owns a pair of bathing trunks that he's had for years now. He wears them to lounge around on weekends when he's not on official duty.

There was a hole in the back that I've tried to mend with a needle and thread, but was unsuccessful since they ripped for the second time. But this time I had an idea and appliqued a Buffalo Bills helmet that I had cut from a piece of scrap fabric left over from another sewing project.

By Marjorie from Lewiston, NY

Good idea MCW.
Maryanne over in Fort Erie :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes