Temporary Flooring for Installing Over Terrazzo Flooring

I have terrazzo floors and I need to cover them. My landlord refuses to let me use anything that will be permanent. I was thinking of just using peel and stick tiles and am not sure if they would be able to be removed easily. Any advice?

By Nicole from FL

Best Answer

Since it's not your property (and if you damage the terrazzo it will cost you 'a lot' of money to repair or replace) why don't you simply put down large area rugs that you can take with you when you move? You can also find really inexpensive carpet remnants cut to fit and have the edges bound.

Best Answer

Why do you need to cover up terrazzo flooring? The whole point of it is that is serviceable and easily cleaned with a classic look. If you must cover, use rugs. If it is a kitchen or someplace where rugs are not appropriate, learn to love the terrazzo.

Best Answer

The terrazzo is in bad shape. House was empty for 10 years with carpet over it, huge stains everywhere that can not be removed, floor always looks dirty.

Think we are going to go with laminate to cover, no adhesive and can be inexpensive. Thanks for the advice.

Peel and stick tiles are pretty permanent, forget that! (They come up, but aren't easy to take up and will leave glue, etc on the tiles you have on the floors now). I don't have any bright suggestions, except maybe rugs.

If you put down rugs, please be sure to have a skid-proof underlay. Area rugs on Terrazzo are very slippery. Also, carpeting the entire area would be easier than peel and stick tiles. The tiles will leave sticky residue as the others have mentioned.

Nicole my suggestion that's not ur place u can't change what not your's but anyway u can put the tiles but not with white glue with glue like cament an when u remove those tiles make sure you have grinding machine to grind that glue so that tarrazzo goes back the way it was I work with tarrazzo that was my suggestion

I am looking at sheet vinyl, no glue down type. Double sided tape will go over areas that are already messed up.

Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringOctober 10, 2010
💘
🍀