LG Refrigerator Keeps Shutting Down?

Category Refrigerator

What would cause my LG fridge to just keep shutting down after 5 minutes or less? I unplug it and plug it back up and it starts again, runs another 5 minutes or less and shuts down. Please help.

By Todd

Check the thermostat dial inside the fridge, it may be off, or set for a temperature so high it will not run. Set it to the coldest temperature. You should be able to get a refrigerator thermometer at the grocery store to see exactly how cold it will get.

Frankly, independent reviews for LG appliances are often not that great. LG makes good electronics, (cell phones, TV, DVD) but I've always been told to steer away from their appliances (A/C, microwaves, refrigerators) by contractors I trust (and anyone I know that's ever owned an LG appliance). Enforce your warranty ASAP; a refrigerator that won't keep cold is dangerous.

Anonymous

My LG fridge is only 2 years old but it kept shutting down every 5 or 10 minutes before coming back on and when it shuts down the lights in the fridge went aswell .

Can you help me to find out what is the problem .

Home and Garden Repair Appliances RefrigeratorSeptember 15, 2011
🌻
😎
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf25452156.tip.html

RefrigeratorAppliances