Organizing with Binders

I love organizing. I've also worked in the office product industry for 29 years so I have had access to some pretty amazing organizational products. But the bottom line is that the key for organizing all my multiple projects is 3-ring binders.

Oddly enough, they are perfect for projects because of of their versitility and low cost. Ring binders some in a variety of size (1 inch, 1.5 inch, 2 inch, 3 inch and even 4 inch) and can even be color-coordinated. What I love most is what you can put in a ring binder. There are cool sheet protectors, pockets, dividers, business card pages, note pages, and zippered pockets that can help you customize your binder based on your needs. So if you are looking for a "non cumbersome" method for organizing, ring binders are the best bang for your buck!

By franticmommy from up north, MN

I started using binders years ago to organize things. The first thing I used them for was to organize my craft patterns. I have 8 three inch binders for that (I have tons of patterns!) I have them all over the house tho with different things in them. THey are great for organizing!

I've been using binders for my important papers for a long time. Once a piece of paper is in a binder, it doesn't get lost!

I tried using binders but it didn't work out for me. Call me lazy but I found it easier to drop papers in a file rather than having to take time to punch holes in every sheet. I don't keep a lot of paper statements, etc. though. I download them to a thumb drive from the company's website. I pay bills online and don't get paper statements.

I use folders with pockets in my binder so I only have to punch holes in the folders.