Reusing 3-Ring Binders

Category Reusing
You can end up with worn binders that you don't want to send to the landfill. This page is about reusing 3-ring binders.

Old school or work 3 ring binders can be reused by removing the back plate and rings. Use pliers to remove the rivets and separate the back plate from the cover. Screw the plate and rings to a wall or the back of a closet or cabinet door. Mount the plate horizontally using a small level or as best you can by eye.

Then you can open the rings using the end tabs as if you were inserting paper. Do not over tighten the screws or it will be difficult to open the rings. You can then hang items like vacuum cleaner bags and belts, packages of batteries or hardware, small cords, etc. Close the rings and the items are secure and easy to see and find when you need them.

Source: I thought it up myself. Maybe someone else has also thought of it but I have not seen anyone doing this so far.

By David Ball from Vanastra, Ontario

I know we have a few old binders that were falling apart from use. I decided to pull the binder ring part out and use for hanging stuff in the kitchen. They already have holes in them so it was easy to hang. You could also spray paint them.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

When they are past their prime and ready for pitching. Cut the ring binder portion off and use the rigid covers in file cabinets for dividers. Very sturdy! By Syd

Is there a safe way to remove and be able to reuse, the rings from binder note books? I want to use them to make other things, upcycle crazy! In looking at the set up, it looks like knuckle busting and cuts will attack, so, if you have any ideas that may help in removing them to use again, please, let me know!

By LadyMichelle from Pottstown, PA

Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 27, 2012
😎
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf19107960.tip.html