Protect Keyboard with Saran Wrap

Since I work from home on my computer and also use it for emailing friends, etc., I often find myself eating in front of it as well. Recently I became concerned that I might spill something on the keyboard of my laptop and ruin it. The fact that I live on a dusty road also does not help. So I put on my thinking cap and came up with a very inexpensive household item to fix the problem.

Being careful not to cover any place on the laptop used for air intake or exhaust which keeps the processor cool, I wrapped the keyboard part of my laptop in a single sheet of clear plastic wrap. The wrap is thin enough that it does not interfere at all with keyboard function, but it provides enough coverage to save it from damage should I accidentally spill a beverage, and it also keeps out dust. When the wrap becomes worn, just replace it with another piece.

By G. Lomax from Princeton, TX

I need to try this with my standard desktop's keyboard if, that is, I don't end up wrapping myself instead, lol!

Computers TipsOctober 1, 2010
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-10 13:45:30 in 832 msecs. ⛅️️