GnatsPest Control

Use Plastic Jack-'o-Lantern to Distract Bugs

I was walking the perimeters of my front yard yesterday like I always do to make sure the yard is safe for the dogs and clean, etc. I had let the dogs have one of those round jack-'o-lantern buckets the kids use for trick or treating. The color of it was orange and there were all these gnats or small flying bugs on it as if it were glowing. It wasn't glowing, it was just the color.

This may be an idea for gnats and other little no-seeums that fly around a patio. It is possible that they will see this color as a desirable place to be and leave us alone, especially if there is a flashlight in it or something during a party.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN