TipsComputers

Identifying Phishing Emails

Category Tips

I have received an email thanking me for my donation to punch servers? Is that a phishing email?

Joyce

It probably is. Do NOT respond whatever you do. Put it on your block senders list.

YES...it is.

http://www.frau  php?fa_no=229445

By Harry (Guest Post)

If you did not make any donations to anyone and receive a e mail thanking you I would not open the mail, sent it to spam or delete the message and not respond.

By ms. carmen (Guest Post)

I also have had recent problems with bad email and was told to do this: go to the bottom of the page and click on "full header" and forward the whole email to spam AT uce.gov. This my way of deleting it and hoping the government gets after them. I can only hope. Does anyone else do this?

Anonymous

In general, never respond to e-mails that ask you to click on a link in order to put in information such as SSN, password etc. Also, install a firewall (a good, free one at http://www.zone  y/en-us/home.htm).Do NOT click on popup windows that say "You won a prize", warn you of computer problems, or invite you to take a survey.

They may carry malware that will infect your computer.
If the e-mail is (or pretends to be) from an institution that you are a customer of, do not click on the link. Just type their website directly, or better yet call their toll free number and tell them about the e-mail.
Good tips on safe computing:
http://tech.msn  rticleindex.aspx

I send any suspicious e mails directly to my internet provider using their specific fraud/abuse e mail address. I also forward it to any government addresses I have and if it is from any bank that I do or do not deal with, I go to the correct bank website, find their email address for spam and forward that also. I have received numerous suspicious emails from different companies and do the same thing. Go to the correct and legitimate website, find out where to forward it and then do it.

LI Roe