Heluva Good Onion Dip?

0
Share
4
Save
Follow
Print

I would like to find a copy cat recipe for Heluva Good Onion dip.

By carlene from FL

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 147 Feedbacks

This is what's in their dip-No recipe-
Ingredients: Cultured Pasteurized Milk, Cream and Nonfat Milk, Onion Seasoning (Salt, Dehydrated Onion, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Parsley, Spices, and Soybean Oil), Modified Corn Starch, Gelatin, Potassium Sorbate (to preserve freshness), and Enzyme. Good luck.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts

I've never heard of this brand of dip before so Googled to find out about it but couldn't find a recipe for it :-( I don't know if this will be helpful to you or not but I use Lipton Onion Soup Mix and sour cream to make my onion dip. Just stir in a little at a time until it has just the right flavor for you. I usually use about 1/3 of one envelope for each 12 oz of sour cream.

Just use the envelope of dry onion soup mix to a 16oz container of sour cream. Stir to combine, put in fridge to set for at least an hour.

I couldn't find it on google either. I have 2 personal recipes for Onion Dip that are very good if you'd care to try them.
1. 1 pkg. cream cheese (softened), 1 c. sour cream, Lipton Onion Soup Mix, to taste, & a little extra onion powder. Use mixer. Allow flavors to blend for several hours before using.

2. 1 pkg. cream cheese (softened), 1 c. sour cream, about 3 green onions, chopped (both stems & white), about 1 t. salt, fresh cracked black pepper to taste, dash of garlic powder, a little onion powder. Use mixer. Allow flavors to blend at least overnight before using.

If either dip seems too thick you can add a T. of milk at a time until of desired consistency. I like it thick, my sis likes it not so thick.

In These Pages
Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat DipsJanuary 30, 2010
🌻
👔
🎆
Generated 2021-06-17 18:57:23 in 978 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf26270451.tip.html