Making a Photo Quilt

Has anyone ever made a photo quilt? I am thinking about making one for my daughter's graduation. Any suggestions and/or ideas?

Sheila from Chittenango, NY

Yes, I have made one. You go to a craft store or Joann Fabric's and get transfer paper. You must decide if you are making your photos on a copier or laser jet printer because the paper is different according to which way you go. I took my photos to Office Max and they made the copies for me on a color printer. It worked great! You read the directions and iron the photo (after it has been transfered unto the transfer paper) on the fabric which will be your block for your quilt. I used an off white muslin because I wanted it to look aged. It should be a solid color though Be sure to use larger piece of fabric then what the finished size will be. You can cut it down to the exact size after it's ironed on. Just read the directions thoroughly and practice. Some of my pictures I had to go back and have redone because I removed the backing of the transfer paper too quickly. Have fun!!