Making A Travel Craft Basket?

I am going away this weekend. I want to take some stuff to keep me busy, while the man is out fishing! Anyone know what I should pack to make a craft kit? You know materials, or ideas I can work on? Please let me know!

Amanda from Pickens, SC

By paperlady (Guest Post)

Hey, I do that too. I knit and crochet. i use a big shoe box with lid to put my yarn and needles or hook in, and the instructions will fit inside as well. And when I'm done, I just close the lid and everything is all together. I even take mine on trips to the dr. office, etc. Right now, I'm knitting watch caps for the men in the family for Christmas . . . all in camo yarn. Good luck, and have fun!

Amanda,I too like to take something to do with my hands when on trips. I first descide what project I want to do,then take what is needed to complete that project. I try not to take a large project. That would be too much! I do like to take embroidery projects,beading projects,plastic canvas and you could even take pictures to sort out for scrapbooking.

I hope this helps.---I have a variety of sizes of tote bags,so usually take my project in one. The scrapbooking would have to be stored in some sort of rigid container so the photos won't get bent.I hope this helps.

By katklaw777 (Guest Post)

HI, I like to make my own jewelry. When I travel I take a small fishing tackle box. In it I carry just enough beads, findings, stringing material and small tools to make a couple of creative projects. It closes very securely and keeps everything in its place.

By the way I use a very large tackle box for much of my at home beading supplies as well, they work very well for holding craft supplies too.

the ideas already listed are great for take along projects. I enjoy knitting on the knifty knitter, especially in the car.

If you make cards it is a great time to get a head start on birthday or even christmas cards. Don't forget your camera and a good book to help pass the time.

Hi Amanda (nice name...it's my 9 yr old daughter's name!)

I guess it depends on what you like to do but whatever project you decide on just think about all the supplies you would need. If you're going to do some sort of needlework/handwork then make sure to bring needles, floss or threads and definitely a good sharp pair of scissors. Pack in a tote bag or even a ziploc bag if it's a small project.

I used to take counted cross stitch with me on trips. I traveled with my husband on business many years before we became parents. Also I know my hubby likes to fish too so there was definitely times I was working on my cross stitch and watching him fish...that is before I started joining him in the fishing!

Another thing I like to do on vacations is bring several good books to read. I find that very relaxing and enjoyable!

Crafts AdviceApril 16, 2008
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf26585540.tip.html