CandiesBaking & Desserts

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Crackers

Here's a way to make some pretty groovy treats for gifts or just for you to eat and share. Easy and inexpensive. I am making these for holiday gifts and packaging them in biodegradable compost-able cello bags.

Ingredients

• 1 box of Ritz crackers (or equivalent)
  • peanut butter (I use the pure 100% peanut kind)
  • dipping chocolate*

*The kind that is made for melting is better, I hear (molting). I used Belgian dark chocolate pastilles from the bulk store, which is dairy free

Directions

Make sandwiches with the crackers and peanut butter. Don't be shy and slather on that peanut butter, the more the better! Melt the chocolate in the microwave in a glass bowl only till 2/3 of the chocolate is melted than stir to melt the rest of it. Be careful not to overheat chocolate as it can burn and it won't be good anymore.

Dip the sandwiches in the melted chocolate and place on a piece of wax paper. I like to put rainbow sprinkles on top too though you can decorate them anyway you wish. Let cool, store in a cool dark place. These make great gifts!

Source: Adapted from my blog http://thefrugalvegan.wordpress.com

By Lisa from Halifax, NS

I have been making these for a long time now. I use one 8 oz Hershey Bar, 12 ozs of Chocolate Chips, and 1/4 of one bar of Paraffin Wax.The Paraffin Wax comes 4 bars to a box. I put it in a crock pot with a crock pot liner in it, and let it melt on low. I make my PB Ritz Crackers and put them in the freezer to get hard. When the chocolate and paraffin wax are melted, I dip my PB Ritz in it and place on wax paper and return them to the freezer to set up. Yummy!