Making Tastier Bologna Sandwiches

Your distaste for bologna sandwiches might greatly improve if you salt and pepper the bologna!

I love bologna already, but I think I'll try that to make it taste different some of the time. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

When I was a kid I used to put ketchup between 2 slices of bologna. Nowadays, I still eat bologna, mainly due to the cost, but simple ketchup just doesn't cut it for me. I still add a drop of ketchup, but I also add a drop of hot sauce, some curry powder (helps absorb the liquids) and I'll top that off with a garlic flavored margarine on the bread. Yum!

I love bologna too! My favorite sandwhich is bologna, american cheese, miracle whip and potato chips smushed between the layers. If that doesn't cause your arteries to clog, I don't know what will. Needless to say, I abstain most of the time.

TC in MO

We won't eat bologna unless it is fried first.

I make bologna gravy and have it on toast or biscuits, I cut it in small pieces and fry it and then make gravy like you'd make sausage gravy-yymmmm good

Donnajean

My favorite way (so plain!) is bologna, yellow mustard on white Wonder Bread. Talk about comfort food! Of course I have potato chips on the plate with a huge glass of Vitamin D milk. YUM!

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

My Grandma used to mince up her bologna & mix with 1000 Island Dressing to make a meat spread. Add a tad of garlic powder, some pepper. Serve on crackers for an appetizer or make sandwiches.

Yum nothing beats bologna bread and mustard, but to really change it up though. I like to fry the bologna top it off with lettuce & mayo on wheat bread yum!