LaundryCleaning

Perspiration Odor on Polyester

Can anyone please tell me how to get perspiration odor out of some tops that are 60% polyester 40% cotton?

These tops have been soaked in Era, washed, and, unfortunately, dried in the dryer. I've tried rewashing them several times, and the odor remains. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Gail C

By ardis ilene barnes (Guest Post)

Shampoo and 20 mule team Borax will remove many underarm odors and stains. Isn't that great

By Claudia (Guest Post)

I do a lot of shopping in thrift stores and there are some fabrics that you just can't get odors out of. You may find you'll just have to chuck it and cut your losses.

By Debbie (Guest Post)

I've used Spray-and-Wash on this kind of smell on this kind of fabric. But I don't have a dryer, so I'm not sure it would work for you. Maybe a neighbor can lend you this or some other pre-wash for you to try out.