Permanent Marker on Walker?

I was recently give a walker, which I assume is aluminum or some light weight metal. A previous owners name was written on it in what appears to be black permanent marker. There is also a sticker on it that will not peel off. Is there a way I can remove the name and sticker?

Linda

Linda-
Just a random thought but have you tried that Magic Eraser from Mr. Clean? I havent tried it myself but have heard that it's pretty good at getting things like that out....

Have you tried Nail Polish remover, As for the sticker if it's a paper sticker I would try to soak that part in soapy warm water. Leave it there for a while and it should start to peel off.
Good Luck!

By Alice (Guest Post)

Best thing for removing sticky stuff from stickers/labels is bath oil. I use Keri bath oil, but I'm sure others would work. I actually got this tip from the internet and it was the best advice.

By (Guest Post)

Try OOPS or GooGone for the marker. Sometimes a blow dryer workers to loosen the glue on a sticker and after blowing hot air on it for a minute or so, it will peel right off.

The oil suggestion works best if most of the paper is gone.

when my son was small he got perma marker all over his face :) cute.. we used avon skin*so*soft & it came off !
maybe it would also work on your walker

Hi Linda,
For the permanent marker, I recommend using very fine steel wool. You can get it at the hardware store. Get some 000. I think that would remove it, it will take some rubbing but will shine up the surface of the metal.
Susan from ThriftyFun

By Rebekah (Guest Post)

Hairspray--the cheaper the better--like Aquanet. Ive used it on walls, plastics, desks and whiteboards.

a little bit of rubbing alcohol will get rid of the tackiness if you like.

By (Guest Post)

Take the easy way out - just get some cute stickers and cover the label and marking up.

By Kellee (Guest Post)

Try Rubbing Alcohol

By kp (Guest Post)

Looking for the solution for the marker myself, since my 4-yr old marked all over my walls, kitchen cabinets, and solid surface counter tops with a red sharpie :)

Lighter fluid is by far the best thing you can use to remove stickers from any surface.

By Mary (Guest Post)

Mr. Clean Magic eraser WILL remove permanent marker. I've tried it and it works! What a great invention!

By jessica (Guest Post)

i have tried mr clean majic eraser it is not working

By Brea. (Guest Post)

WD 40 will remove stickers everytime. It might remove the marker but could not say that for sure since I've never used it for that.

Comet might work for the marker.

There is a product called ink away made by goo gone.
The bottle I have is 2 fl.oz. so its a small bottle. My kids got ahold of a permenent marker in my van and it took it off! I was amazed! and so relieved!
I got it at menards or lowes.

Home and Garden Cleaning MetalAugust 14, 2005
🐛
📓
😷
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf270468.tip.html