General AdviceConsumer Advice

Schools That Teach How to Make Faux Food

Does anyone know of any school that teaches you how to make fake foods? It could be in the USA or outside of the USA. Thanks for your help.

By Tony

Sorry, that I cannot help you about schools you can learn how to make fake foods.
I'm wondering if you mean "Mock" foods instead of fake. If it is mock then all you need do is google "Mock Food Recipes" You can get a whole list of foods to make that are suppose to taste like the real thing without going to any school to learn the hows.

Anonymous

I am not exactly sure if you mean inedible or edible but I just Googled "How To Make Faux Food" and also Googled "Faux Food Recipes" and there are oodles of tutorials and recipes for whichever you're looking for that you shouldn't have to go to school to learn if you follow the instructions. ;-)

I would think if you looked into art schools, there may be some that include crafting the artificial foods. I suspect schools that also have programs in film making would be more likely to have something like what you need. (As many of the fake foods seem to be crafted similarly to facial prosthetics and other special effects. Some "fakes" look to be more like a molded latex; others look more sculpted. ) I don't know that you'll find one specifically making foods; but an art school may also be able to refer you to one that does what you need.

I am not totally sure what you mean, and have absolutely no personal knowledge base from which to help you with an answer, but I thought you'd like to know that I gave you a "thumbs up" simply because I thought it was a cool question and showed an admirable thirst for esoteric knowledge.

My sincerest wishes that you find what you are looking for.