Yellow Stain on Old Linens

How do I remove a yellow fold line from a table linen that has been stored for 30 years? The yellowing is only on the folded portion. I have tried bleach, ammonia, Era, and Oxy to no avail. This is a cotton/polyester blend that has been in the family for over 50 years and I would like to use it at my daughter's wedding.

By Deb from Etna, OH

Wet it with white vinegar, put in sunshine. Do this over & over till the stain is gone. I do this on white wedding gown. It works, good luck.

Try soaking in a small sink with 1 part water to 1 part hydrogen peroxide 3% (the kind you can get really cheap at a drug store, comes in dark brown bottles). Wear gloves! This can be very drying to skin. Soak for about 15 minutes and gently aggitate every few minutes.

Gently wring out, then hang in the sunshine to dry for at least 4 hours. You may have to repeat this several times, but sunshine is the key. Hydrogen peroxide is a natural, but gentle, bleach and works best in the sun. If this doesn't work the first time, you might try gently dabbing some hydrogen peroxide directly on the darkest yellow stains, allow to soak for 15 minutes, then wash the same as above. Be warned that this could degrade/break down the fabric. Try in an inconspicuous place first.

If nothing else works, I've read that denture cleaning tablets will do the trick. Good Luck!

I've also heard of using lemon juice and placing in the sunlight which would be the same as using vinegar.