Keep Your Favorite Drink Cold

To keep carry along drinks from becoming hot too soon, or watery from ice, try this. Take a clean empty drink bottle and pour about an inch or two of whatever drink you like in it, and freeze. I like to do this with several at a time. So when you're ready to go, just pour the same kind of drink over your frozen in the bottle ice. Voila! No watery drink and a nicely chilled drink!

By Nanny from Tampa, FL

Now why didn't I ever think of that?

What a wonderful idea! Thanks! I'll be using this one right away!! :D

I take gator bottles with switch top full with water freeze when ready to go shopping. I wrap half way up with aluminum foil, then i put it in a clear bag that our paper comes in. I have cool water all day if it wrap like this.

Along the same line, when you are serving punch in a bowl make your ice ring from the punch.

My husband used to be an auto mechanic at Firestone. Where he worked in the garage, even with the garage doors open and the huge fans blowing it got really hot in there. He liked to drink Gatorade because he said it helped to keep him from feeling dehydrated. So I found a way to keep his drink cold all day even in the super hot heat in the garage (this would work for any other drink including water, too).

I bought a good heavy duty insulated bag that was big enoug to hold 2 medium size Gatorade bottles. The night before I froze one whole bottle and one bottle half-ful (I put the rest in the fridge till morning).

In the morning I filled up the bottle that was only half-filled with the remainder in the fridge. I put both bottles in the insulated bag.

This way he had ice cold drink all day long. By the time the half frozen one was drank, the full frozen one was melted enough to drink, with just enough frozen to last the rest of the day.

Doing this saved him lots of money vs buying drinks out of the machines, plus he wasn't drinking all that sugar in the soft drinks. And his drinks were much colder anyway than what came out of the machines. Before long most of the other mechanics there were doing the same thing!

Source: Husband was suffering badly in the heat

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

Never thought of the half and half! Great idea. Thanks for sharing.