Keeping Drinks Cold

Category Beverages
Keeping your drink cold on a hot day can be challenging. This is a page about keeping drinks cold.

If you need to keep a large amount of canned beverages cold for a party, use your top load washing machine. Fill the top load washer with ice and your canned beverages. Keep the lid closed. When you're done, drain the washer.

Source: My sister

By it's.only.me from NE PA

To keep carry along drinks from becoming hot too soon, or watery from ice, try this. Take a clean empty drink bottle and pour about an inch or two of whatever drink you like in it, and freeze. I like to do this with several at a time. So when you're ready to go, just pour the same kind of drink over your frozen in the bottle ice. Voila! No watery drink and a nicely chilled drink!

By Nanny from Tampa, FL

If you're making cold drinks and you run low on ice, try using those "otter pops" you have stashed in the freezer for the kids. Leave whole or break in pieces and put in your drink. It not only cools down the drink but also adds an extra bit of flavor. It's especially tasty to add them to mixed drinks, like a Mai Tai, Margarita, etc.

By Nancy from San Diego

To keep beverages in pitchers from being watered down by ice as it melts, fill a ziploc bag with ice and float it in the pitcher. Remove the ziploc bag when necessary.

I pinched this tip from my lovely cousin Dawn. Freezing ice balloons for coolers at parties-very festive and much less drippy than ice! Genius!

I keep my bottled water in the freezer. They don't burst when frozen full. When I take one out I start drinking it as it melts.

That way I have a cold drink that lasts a long time. These are good when taken to outdoor events in hot weather.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesJanuary 17, 2013
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-Drinks-Cold-2.html