Softening Powdered Sugar?

I bought bulk powdered sugar and stored it in plastic containers. Now it is hard and difficult to use. Can I use a piece of bread to soften it like I do with brown sugar? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

By Lori Morelli from Ohio

How should I store my C&H Granulated Sugar and C&H Powdered Sugar? Moisture makes granulated sugar hard and lumpy. Once this happens, there is no way to adequately restore it. Always store granulated sugar in a covered container in a cool, dry area. Good luck.

I don't know any tricks to soften it. Have you tried one of those clay disks that you can use with brown sugar? One idea might be to try using a hand grater to get it back down to a powdery texture....

You might try a blender or spice/coffee ginder etc., but I am not sure what that would do to it (at the higher speed than manual). You could always try with a small sample and see what happens!

I use a little clay bear in my brown sugar all the time. Never gets hard guess I'll have to get me a real clay pot to break up so I can have a few more, can't find the little bears. Or anything like them

Putting it in the blender makes it just like it came out of the package.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesMarch 29, 2009
🍂
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf28057255.tip.html