AppliancesCleaning

Jet Dry Has Gelled in Dishwasher

I just moved into a house which has been vacant for a while. The problem is that the Jet Dry in the dishwasher (which is fairly new) has gelled, due to it not running for a while. I've tried pouring vinegar in there and that's not helping. Any ideas?

Melissa from Worden, MT

Try some boiling water, that should take care of the problem.

By (Guest Post)

By this time I assume you've run the dishwasher a few times. Many homes have the water at 120 degrees. We upped ours to 140. (no kids in the house-no danger of burning). Running the washer a few times should take care of it.

If that doesn't work, try "goo gone" (i think it's called) It comes in a citrus spray. Good luck.

That Jet Dry stuff goes into a little tank inside the door.
If you don't feel adventurous enough to take the door apart and remove the tank for cleaning, maybe you should call a technician.

I've seen this done before-- there are a few screws around the edge of the door-- and the Jet Dry tank was just clipped to the inside.
(and good luck!)

By DEBRADJ. (Guest Post)

My husband the appliance svc tech says to try pouring hot water into the dispenser and letting it set.