Dog Pee Stained Floor Boards?

Category Flooring

My dog used to urinate on corner walls in my rental property and my landlord pulled the carpets up and polished the floorboards only to discover nasty black stained (and now polished) wood in the areas where Oscar used to pee. I don't know how to fix the floor - can someone help me please? Also this is a good warning to people who think dog pee only affects the carpet on top, no sir!

Nicola - Australia

If you mean by 'polished' sealed with polyurethane varnish then there is nothing that can be done without stripping the sealer off. The floor boards can then be bleached with wood bleach to remove the stains.

Regards

Jo

By julia (Guest Post)

I am trying to find the best and easiest way of cleaning polished floor boards. I have used 1/2 cup vineagar to 1/2 bucket of water. When it drys a film is left on the boards which I then have to polish off by hand with soft cloths. I have a large floor area and staircase, is there an easier way?

Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringJanuary 29, 2005
😷
🌻
😎
🐛

FlooringHome Improvement