Party ThemesParties

Gypsy Camp Themed Birthday

I'm planning a surprise birthday party for my friend and I have chosen as a theme a Gypsy or Rrom (as is the name they prefer to be called) Camp. For entertainment I plan to have a Mendhi Artist and Tarot and Palm readers, but I'm still looking for games for the guests to play. The guest of honor will be 36. I will appreciate any ideas you can send my way.

Rosy

Take a large piece of cardboard and paint a gypsy on it with a cut out where the face would be. Put a camera nearby and let the guests take pictures of themselves peeking out through the cut out from behind the display. Develop and send with their thank you notes.

Do the game where you draw names for a prize and each person has 4 chances in the pot.When 1st 4 are given away the others "take away" someones prize. In the end the last 4 holding prizes wins them. On the gypsy theme wrap these in a bandana maybe tied on a stick.A bonfire with hot dogs and baked beans on the fire would be fun. Have your guests dress for the occasion. Another game that's fun is similar to hot potato, where you pass around a bag (filled with silly items of clothing) to music (maybe GYPSIES<TRAMPS AND THIEVES--its lively) and when the music stops, whoever has the bag has to take something out and put it on. This gets lots of laughs for old and young alike. Good luck with your party--sounds like lots of fun!