Cooking TipsFood Tips

Keeping Cook Books Propped and Open While Cooking

Category Cooking Tips

If you need to keep a recipe book propped open while cooking, take one of those wooden pants hangers from your closet and clamp it over the pages at the top of the book. If the book is light enough, you can even hang it by the hook at eye level on a cupboard door knob!

By truerblue

By suzi homemaker (Guest Post)

I also cover the book with plastic wrap to keep the book clean. At Sam's Wholesale, I buy their roll of saran wrap for 9.88 .It is 12 inches wide and 3000 feet of wrap. I have been married 11 years and I have just bought my third roll. The other one I dated 3-20-01. I did that so I could see how long it actually lasted.

What a brilliant original idea!

Regards

Jo

By Virginia Cooke (Guest Post)

I have one of those perspex book holders. You can get them from some cook ware shops. I wouldn't be without it as I can keep the book open and see the pages clearly. The holder gets spattered, not the book!

I also use it when I'm doing exercises so I can look at the book easily.

My parents have had another one made for me by a plastics manufacturer, so I think you could get this done if you can't find one in the shops.

Virginia