Plastic Cutting Boards for Meat

When cutting meat, use a plastic cutting board instead of a wood one. It is much easier to clean bacteria from a plastic cutting board than it is from wood, which will also need to be reseasoned after cleaning.

After using a cutting board for meat, wash it well (or wash it in the dishwasher) before using it again to avoid transfering bacteria to other food items.

Hello, just wanted to say you also have to be careful with plastic as it is very porous and will leech stuff into it. Even after a good cleaning there will be stuff left in all the tiny little holes leaving room for bacteria growth.

I use a glass cutting board. Very easy to clean!

Jennifer
Northern Virginia

While growing up, my mom used a wood cutting board, and I have used a wood cutting board all of my adult life. I have had the same one for 25 years now, I scrub it with disinfecting dish soap immediately after use, and let it dry in the dish drain.

I have never experienced any problems with it. I would trust a glass cutting board before I would a plastic one. I think if your knife cuts into the board you would get particles of plastic in your food without realizing it.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceNovember 13, 2006
🌻
🎃
🎂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf29918762.tip.html