Reusing Styrofoam Food Containers

My local grocer has wonderful soup, we sometimes buy 3 a week. They come in a 2 cup Styrofoam container with plastic lid. I've been recycling them and use as leftover containers. It's the perfect size for too much to throw out but not enough to waste a baggie on.

I've also used them for a 2 cup measuring cup, surprisingly I use a lot of 2 cups in flour, or sugar, etc. in baking.

Use care in washing and they last for a good long time. After they've seen better days, I tear them into tiny pieces and use to fill bottom of plants and in the garden.

By Peggy from Cortland, OH

This is a great idea and even when it's no longer good for food, you still found a place for it.
Absolute recycle! Thumbs Up!

Save all of your styrofoam fast food containers and foam food trays. When you think you have enough, shred with a pair of scissors. This now can be used for packaging for presents to be sent away or you can make a nice warm cushion for your older dog with them. The styrofoam holds in the heat so these are great for dogs with achy bones.

By Debra in Colorado

Answers:

Uses for the Styrofoam Fast Food Containers

I wash styrofoam meat trays, egg cartons, etc. and give them to my children's art teacher. She uses them as paint pallets for her students. At least they get to be used twice before they become landfill.

(01/20/2005)

By Lori, Illinois

I've made templates w/them and used them to insulate my electrical outlets. They also make great material for various cut outs for stamping. (04/25/2009)

By Keeper

🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-08 11:46:10 in 681 msecs. ⛅️️