LaundryCleaning

How Do I Iron a Crease in Dress Pants?

What is the best way to iron a crease in a pair of dress pants? I was told to use a wet handkerchief and press down hard on the crease while ironing. I'm not sure about this, but do you think if I bought a can of spray starch that would help? I have about 8 pairs of dress pants I have to iron. Or do you have any other suggestions?

By Onesummer

How did the crease get out of the pants. I used to make my own clothes and when it came to putting a crease in the pants I lined up the seams and used a press cloth(the went hankie) would work too, then pressed with an iron set to the proper setting for the fabric. It vaguely seems like I used some vinegar, but it was so long ago that I can't remember. My husband was in law enforcement and I also ironed his uniforms by the above method. This included the pants and putting the military creases in the shirts.

My dear, if you can possibly afford it take them to the dry cleaner and let them do it. Also, they are his pants, why are you doing them? Does he do yours?